Tuesday, 4 May 2010
Christian’s Autograph Book: Part 3
As promised, after our weekend adventure, here is another instalment of Christian’s autograph book, the section of the blog which tracks which drivers and other people of note that we have met on our travels around the circuits of the UK. This update comes after our visit to the revised Silverstone Grand Prix circuit to watch the first ever running of the FIA GT1 World Championship on British soil.
Autographs 1-12 can be found on earlier posts.
Silverstone, May 2nd 2010-05-04
13. Karl Wendlinger, FIA GT1, ex-F1. (About 20 years on from the day when I asked for his autograph twice in one day and he reminded me on the second occasion that I’d already had it)
14. Henri Moser, FIA GT1. (Wendlinger’s team-mate)
15. Oliver Gavin, FIA GT1.
16. Romain Grosjean, FIA GT1, ex-F1. (Trying to reinvent himself after a difficult time in part season for Renault last season, nearest thing Christian has had to an autograph from an F1 driver)
17. Tomas Enge, FIA GT1, ex-F1.
18. Darren Turner, FIA GT1. (Popular works AMR driver was in his element giving away lots of Young Driver AMR freebies)
Pretty decent haul made possible by buying £10 pit lane walk ticket – a good investment.
Next instalment will come after next month’s trip to Oulton Park for the British Touring Car Championship.
Follow me on twitter: @ifitsgot4wheels and @daimccann