Friday, 9 April 2010
Christian’s autograph book: Part 2
Regular readers of the blog will know that we visited Oulton Park for the weekend’s opening rounds of the British F3 and British GT championships, avid readers (play along!) will know that I had promised an update on Christian’s not exactly bulging collection of motorsport autographs, hold on tight, this is it. Autographs 1-7 can be found in earlier, Part 1 post.
Oulton Park April 3rd-5th 2010
8. Alex Brundle, British F3. (Had come to watch a support race with the crowd at Old Hall in his overalls and seemed very nice. Will have to learn not to be so approachable if he reaches F1)
9. James Cole, 2009 Formula Ford Champion, British F3. (Had wandered out with team mate Brundle wearing some very dodgy shades)
10. Rupert Svendson-Cook, British F3. (Winner of Race 2)
11. Oli Webb, British F3. (2nd place to Vergne in Race 1 & 3)
12. Richard Dean, British GT (Signed a nice A3 poster of his United Autosports Audi that the team were giving away – the poster not the Audi)
Not a great haul, but from the five F3 drivers that were sent to face the fans, Christian already had three of their autographs, what are the chances of that, he only had nine in total at that point.
Next update will be after the FIA GT1 World Championship round at Silverstone in three weeks; Christian is hoping to get Romain Grosjean??
I’m currently on a twitter follower building drive, triple figures is the short term target, only 65 to go, join the fun: @ifitsgot4wheels